Friday, July 28, 2006

Knitting

My friend showed me how to knit today. I have the Stitch and Bitch book, but I've been hesitant to try and figure it all out. So my friend met me at a Starbucks and we sat outside and she showed me how to cast on, knit and purl. It was fun and very familiar. I think it might be because my mommy Jo, my grandmother, has taught me the basics of crocheting. Not that I can do that competently, but I can start a mean chain stitch! Well when I say mean, I really mean long. Tonight we sat outside with cold coffees and teas and even though it was hot and humid and I had a strip of yarn in my hands, it was really fun. I was very proud of myself to have a nifty swatch on my needles. I think I'll dust off the stitch n' bitch book and try some more, after I finish straightening.

Balint comes home tonight and I'm very glad he is too. I've really missed him. We are going to see a Shakespearean musical (based on Twelfth Night) tomorrow with some friends. That's exciting!

No comments: