Sunday, December 07, 2008

hey, I'm still here

Procrastinating as usual. Life has been very hectic. I thought that if I could just get through my first year of teaching, the second year would be smooth sailing. Not so much. The job is still great, it's just I feel like I'm just keeping my head above water.

My principal observed me the other day. I'm pleased to report that I got tons of smiley faces again. Life in an elementary school.

So here is a peek into what I've been doing lately
1st grade - beginning research
2nd grade - beginning research
3rd grade - animal diaries with research (I'm on a research kick much to the delight,yeah right, of my students)
4th grade - I haven't a clue. Something with dewey decimal system
5th grade - review of dewey decimal system and reference materials
kindergarten - Bad Boys Get Cookie venn diagram or Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus activities (did I mention I have a huge Mo Willems crush? Sorry Bal.)

Knitting
Grandmother's Pocket shawl (halfway there)
Diana's new baby blanket (halfway there)
White sweater with two arms (only needs blocking and a button, if I can find which bag I stuffed it in.)
White sweater with one arm - yeah, I don't like doing the arms
Argosy scarf - I couldn't help it! I'm sick of my other projects
Stuck in traffic scarf - knitted and given away already
Dragon fly green Sunday Market Shawl - blocking and it can't dry fast enough!
Black yarn for a hat for my baby brother who informed my mom that he would like a hat. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't make it since he should actually have informed me?

Sewing
Diaper bag - Sorry Jen. I'll get it to you before your baby graduates high school.
Brown corduroy bag - so cute...why did I get out of the sewing mood?
Various knitting bags

Cross stitching
Pink flamingo on a bag - tacky tacky tacky - still need to do since it was sort of gift request.

In case you haven't realized, this list more for me than for you. I need to figure out what I've got going on and finish it. Geez. That's a pretty long list.


Pictures soon, just in case anyone is interested.

No comments: