Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Chicken Festival

It's been a busy week here in London, Kentucky. I've managed to keep busy but I still feel like I haven't accomplished anything. I saw my grandmother who has cancer. She was diagnosed last month and the outlook isn't very good. However, I saw her for the first time since last November and she is looking really well. I am very impressed with her. She is fighting it and she has a really good outlook despite what the doctors told her at the beginning. The next step is surgery in October.

It's been great spending the week with my mom and dad. I haven't really moved from the house the whole week. I finally saw my best friend today. She took me to the Chicken Festival here in London. We watched the parade, fought our way through the crowds to buy a huge lemonade from some guy called Tony, a hamburger from the Shriners and a funnel cake from the Masons. The twins rode their first amusement park rides. It was so sweet seeing their mom and dad watching from the fence outside the ride, expecting the girls (turning 3 on Monday) to start crying. Instead Alex and Gracie had huge smiles on their faces and of course wanted to ride more rides. They were so sweet!

If you don't know about the chicken festival, it's a festival held here in London every year to, well, celebrate the chicken? I'm not sure why we have it. It was started about 12 or 13 years ago. It has things like the world's largest frying pan ( a big vat filled with boiling oil) and parades, carnies, and booths selling everything you can think of. Visit the World Chicken Festival if you are absolutely bored out of your mind and have nothing better to do.

Now I'm just listening to my cat crying. She found a nice mouse to play with outside and I took her away from her new buddy (much to the relief of the mouse). Now she is sitting by the door, miaowing to go out. She's very loud for such a tiny cat.

Goodnight for now.

No comments: