Thursday, October 13, 2005

yay

Yay! We have been accepted into an apartment complex. How hard was that? Especially after being rejected by one apartment complex because we were honest about still having a mortgage in Scotland because the sale of the flat was still in process. When I went back to pick up our deposit checks the apartment manager advised me not to mention it on future applications. Yep, I was gobsmacked. I know I should have, but I really honestly felt it didn't matter since we had left money behind in Britain to pay for the mortgage. And to be told to lie on future applications!

The flat has sold by the way. Now we can really concentrate on house hunting here. The other good news is that I have finally, after much procrastination, put in an application for a job. Fingers crossed. All in all a pretty busy week.

No comments: