Monday, October 10, 2005

here's hoping

Still waiting to hear if we will be living in an apartment by the weekend. All I can say is that people aren't very good about returning phone calls here, are they? But other than that, things are still going okay. I'm getting back into the habit of driving, which means I'm not as nervous as I was before.

The weekend was a very rainy, yucky weekend. Pouring rain. I'd forgotten what it was like to drive in that. We wondered around Barnes and Noble on Saturday and I now have a list of books I want to read. These include Julie and Julia and Nancy Drew: Girl Sleuth. I need to start writing in my lovely book journal, but I don't want to mess it up. It is so pristine! B&N also have my cross stitch magazines from Britain. Yay!!!!


We went to Williamsburg last night for a very nice dinner at a friend's house. It was such a lovely house and really cute cat that reminded me of Peanut. It was such a lovely dinner topped off with brownies and plum cake. Yummy!

No comments: