Friday, September 30, 2005

well that was quick

It's been an up and down day for me today. I've got to get over this intimidation of driving. I'm not sure which is worse, being anxious about driving in so much traffic or the fear of getting lost. We've been trying to get in touch with our solicitor in Edinburgh to find out if things are going okay all week. The silence was worrying. Finally we got in touch with another partner who said things were moving okay. There are a few more things that need to be sorted out and it may take a little longer for the hand over. Then the apartment complex we have applied for called wanting to know our mortgage payment is. The thing is - we have money set aside for that if things go wrong. But it still counts against us, well at least that's what it feels like.

On the flip side we had a call from North American. Our stuff has made it across the sea. Already! They packed us up the last week of August and it's due to arrive the first week of October. I can't believe it! I've been worrying about where we would get furniture and the fact that I would have to get pots/pans and other necessities that I not only had in the UK but also have in KY. What a relief!

No comments: