Monday, May 01, 2006

busy day

It's been a bit of a hectic day. I had storytime this morning with the babies. There were over fifty people (mostly 1 - 3 year olds) ready to bounce, sing and dance. We did Boing! Boing! Squeak!, a poem by Jack Prelustky, to start off. I also taught them Wind the Bobbin up, which most people here have never heard before. The second group was much smaller with only 17. But they were all so cute and sweet, dancing to the music and following all the moves. It was a lot of fun. My job can sometimes be a bit of a stress, but I'm also pretty lucky that I get to sing songs, share fun books and read and play all day.

There are a few down sides to my job though. Working with the public, people often tell me more about their lives than I necessarily want to know. And I'm just stuck there at the desk with no other place to go. Like the butt fungus lady. Honestly. She told me history of the rash on her bottom from the start to the end. She even followed me back into the library one day to give me an update! Why??

No comments: