Friday, June 30, 2006

So

The past week has not been my best. Fun things that are happening...my mom is here! Not so fun things...I found a puppy at the pound that I fell in love with, but Bal didn't therefore no puppy. Still sad over Peanut and feeling horrible and guilty. The news from home is that four more neighborhood cats have disappeared along with a west highland terrier all supposed victims of the friendly neighborhood coyote.

Mom and I planted my herbs this morning. I'm hoping that I will not find them chewed to the ground by bunnies tomorrow morning. We seem to have a lot of cute bunnies hopping around, but I've also heard they like basil. I've planted rosemary, lavender, basil, thyme, parsley, tarragon and a dead stalk of cilantro. I live in hope it will survive. I'm so glad my mom was here to help me. I have no clue what I'm doing and it helps I have some one with more gardening experience than I do.

My friend Julie and family have moved back to the US and it's so nice to talk in the (almost) same time zone. Hopefully I can see her soonish. I've never been out west before.

I've just finished reading Caddy Ever After by Hilary McKay (yes, a children's novel) I'm not a huge fan of her books about the Casson family, but I really enjoyed reading this one. Loved Rose and Caddy...Panda, panda, panda.

No comments: