Sunday, May 13, 2007

passing

My grandmother passed away last Sunday. She had been battling cancer for almost two years. It was lung cancer. When it was first diagnosed, she was only given 6 months to live. She fought it for a long time. And in the end...well, at least we know that she is no longer in pain.
Balint and I went to Kentucky for the funeral. I have a hard time with funerals and with death in general. I know I'm not the only one. My grandmother looked so beautiful and peaceful and not sick at all. It was hard to believe that she wasn't just sleeping. I never thought this would happen this soon. I always thought she would live a very long time.

2 comments:

Jase said...

Today is the anniversary of my Gran passing away. You have all our sympathies.

Rena said...

Emailed you. So sorry to hear your news.

Rena