Monday, February 11, 2008

apron

I helped cohost a bridal shower. What fun! We had a great time planning. We decided to have a kitchen shower. That was even better! I wasn't sure what to bring as a gift, so I thought about what I loved in my kitchen. Besides my pink KitchenAid mixer, I would have to say it would be my mixing bowls. There are three nesting bowls and of course they are a lovely shade of pink. They also have a handle and a small spout and a nice ring on the bottom that keeps them from walking around the counter when you stir. I managed to find a nice set in red since that is the color I most associate with my bride-to-be friend. I don't know why, I just do. Then I thought I wanted to make an apron. I found the material at the local fabric shop and again, it reminded me of my friend. Not because she is fruity! but because of the pastel colors and the vivid red that just sort of pops. I knew exactly how I wanted it to look.
The pattern is from Amy Butler's In Stitches book. I changed only the pocket. I made it bigger because the measurement called for wouldn't be big enough for a child's hand.
Here is the result. Hopefully I can get a picture of the recipient wearing it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: