Saturday, July 04, 2009

Cleaning out the guest room

During the school year our guest room / my craft room /mom's bedroom has become a dumping ground for yarn, odds and ends and fabric. We are going to have a guest next week and I needed to do something, otherwise he was going to have to sleep with yarn. He will already have to sleep with the cats since I suspect that they use this room as their sleeping quarters as well.

Before


After




I cleared out a lot of stuff and took a haul to the charity shop. I also weeded my cross stitch patterns. I had 17 binders full. These are from various magazines. 17 binders!!! Even if I stitched every night for the rest of my life, I couldn't get through all of those patterns. I scaled down to 8 binders. Still too many, but by then I was exhausted. I've come to realize that I have too much material. I raised the bed with those big plastic risers. This not only raised the bed to make it easier to cut out patterns and use a nice worktable - kind of like my grandmother always did, but it also allowed me to store fabric under there. So I have to go on a fabric, yarn and food diet. ARRRGHHH.

and of course...
the girls approve.

No comments: