Tuesday, June 01, 2010

New projects

Baby Blankets - The idea came from Sew Much Ado except I didn't add rickrack or an appliqué. These were fun to make, except trying to get the flannel and cotton straight. That was hard and I needed a bit of help. I made three for me and five for gifts.




Knitting - I've been working on a baby blanket for my baby. I'm over halfway through it. I made this scarf in between. The stockinette got to me a little, but once I began the lacy part, it was more fun and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.



More sewing - these baby blocks are fun to make. I'm making some from a fabric with owls. These are for a friend. The idea came from this baby block tutorial on flickr.


These have a bit of cellophane wrapper inside to make it crinkly when squeezed.
These have a bit jingle bell in them. I tried to get the biggest one so hopefully, should baby manage to tear into it, it will not be a choking hazard.

I wanted ones with tags as well.
I like them and they are lots of fun to make!

1 comment:

chris said...

What lovely blankets and toys. They will be treasures for a long time to come.