Saturday, June 03, 2006

the useless gardener

My garden has been such a surprise this spring. I don't know what I'll find there next. Of course I have no clue what half the things are called when they pop out of the ground. I'm afraid to dig anywhere for fear of damaging something that hasn't yet grown. I have to exercise the patience muscle. But I want a cute little herb garden with lovely lavender and other useful things. And I guess I should just clear out a bed, fall flowers be damned. I know that the previous owner of the house, the one who took such loving care of the garden and planted so many things (including at last count 22 rose bushes) won't be knocking down my door if I change things. At least I hope not. Very scary thought. She obviously knows how to wield garden tools.

No comments: