Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Home again, home again

Wow, it's so nice to be home again. I love visiting my parents, but there is something about coming home that is so nice. The cats were amazing again on the trip back. Once again, Rosa decided to test out the litter box just as we started out. We ran into a bit of snow at the very beginning of the journey and then mostly rain. But it was a quiet trip and we listened to Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett the whole way.
I've taken a vacation day from work today and it's so nice not to have to rush around trying to put everything away while getting ready for work at the same time. The weather is sunny and breezy, and I have the windows thrown open in order to air out the house. I can't believe that it's December (almost January)! The girls seem relieved to be home too. I have to break them of the habit of scratching at our door at 6.30 in the morning. They can be really annoying that way.
My parents gave me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. I know this is a hint, but I really appreciate it. It has a detachment for cleaning the stairs. It's very nice and shiny. I also got some pink things for the kitchen from Bal as well as some new picture books including Flotsam by David Wiesner, which is my favorite at the moment.
I was very bad and did not send out any Christmas cards this season. I'm very sorry to all my friends. I bought them and stared at them the entire season, but I was too ornery to fill them out. I'm sorry. My new year's resolution is to send out cards next year. I think I can keep it. I already have the cards.
On a sad note, I saw my grandparents over Christmas. My grandmother has cancer. She has fought it for almost two years, but this last time I saw her...it's too hard to even think about it, to talk about it. I can't. I'm just going to deny some more.

1 comment:

Rena said...

We're back home too (and we have broadband back).

Glad you had a good Christmas, but so sorry to hear that your Gran is unwell. Hope you will be able to see more of her in the coming year before she becomes too frail.

Wishing you both a good 2007; love to you, Balint and the kitties.

Hope you eventually received our card...

Rena, Jase and Lauren xxx