Saturday, January 20, 2007

Weight Watching

So this is the end of my second full week of weight watchers. It's not so sucky. I haven't been really hungry and I do think the fact that I'm writing down what I eat and not eating all that chocolate and other sweets is helping. I'm also making sure that I am drinking lots and lots and lots of water. I started this program with a few other people from work. For me, it was because I was suddenly finding myself going for the size 18/20 when trying on new clothes. (That's American size. British sizes are always at least one to two sizes more numerically. Think about it for a minute...Yeah, that's why). The first week I could have 25 points / day. At my weigh in I lost 3.8 lbs. That's the good news. The bad news, I have to decrease my points/day to 24. Yeah. That's about the only sucky part. I'm starting a yoga class on Monday. I've done it before and really enjoyed it. Maybe it will help me destress about my job a bit and life in general.
My pseudo new year's resolution is to organize and clear out stuff. So far the organization part is starting. The clearing out stuff...not so much. Why do I think I have to keep everything? Why am I such a pack rat? Oh well.
I'm getting better at knitting now. At Christmas I didn't know what to give my coworkers and I decided to knit a dishcloth for everyone in with red and white cotton yarn. They turned out really nice and I was able to knit 2 a day. One day I even managed to start and finish three. I was almost fell asleep while knitting. I made 14 in a full week. I can honestly say I feel much more confident about my knitting now. I made a little gift tag out of a picture of Bella in the Christmas tree with (cheeky) instructions on how to use the cloth. Nothing like deciding to do something at the last possible moment.
I'm still working on the never ending scarf. I thought I was done with it and even bound off. I was pleased and I had one whole skein of yarn left, but then I changed my mind and decided to make it longer. It won't take too much and I'm hoping to make fingerless gloves with the left over yarn. I can't wait to do those. More like I can't wait to wear them! I'm also working on a baby hat. It's the first time I've done the magic loop method and I've just found a mistake. I want to un-knit it, but I'm confused by the method and go a bit cross eyed when I try to reason out which needle is supposed to be where. I'll just wait and give it to my friend. She's used to me coming into work with my knitting saying "HELP ME". Although I do seem to be doing that less and less.
So now I'm going to go downstairs for my late night snack and work on (yet another) dishcloth.

No comments: