Saturday, April 07, 2007

Snow in April


This morning the cats woke me at 6.30am. This is not an unusual occurrence. They tend to hang around outside our bedroom door and act like little furry roosters, mewing until we either get up and feed them or throw something at the door. Throwing an object at the door doesn't help. They are quiet for about a second and then the mewing starts up again. Once I make my bleary way down the stairs, I always find their bowls full of food. This doesn't seem to matter to them. They won't touch the bowls until I put more food in.
This morning was only slightly different. When I wondered down the stairs I was amazed to see the world looked different. I didn't have my glasses on, but I could tell that the light was different, brighter. The photo above is exactly what I saw, although you are seeing it much clearer than I did. It's hard to believe that just a few days ago the temperatures were around 80 degrees and we were running around in sandals. Now we have over an inch of snow on the ground. Not that much really, but still a shock to the system.

1 comment:

mr-potter said...

We had exactly the same thing here in North Dakota. We have had two batches of snow bringing about 6 inches of white stuff.

It was really depressing.....and cold.